วันอังคารที่ 18 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Specificity of Japanese Verbs (When Describing an Action)

Now let continue with the specificity of japanese verbs (when describing an action)



Some Japanese verbs are more specific when describing actions than English verbs. While there is only one verb used for a certain action in English, there might be several different verbs in Japanese. One of the examples is the verb "to wear." In English, it can used as, "I wear a hat," "I wear gloves," "I wear glasses" and so on. However, Japanese has different verbs depending on which part of the body it will be worn on. Let's take a look how the Japanese describe "to wear."

Boushi o kaburu.
帽子をかぶる。
("Kaburu" is used for
putting on the head.)
I wear a hat.
Megane o kakeru.
めがねをかける。
("Kakeru" also means, "to hang.")
I wear glasses.
Iyaringu o tsukeru.
イヤリングをつける。
("Tsukeru" also means,
"to attach.")
I wear earrings.
Nekutai o shimeru.
ネクタイを締める。
("Shimeru" also means, "to tie.")
I wear a tie.
Sukaafu o maku.
スカーフを巻く。
(Maku" also means,
"to wrap around.")
I wear scarf.
Tebukuro o hameru.
手袋をはめる。
("Hameru" also means,
"to insert.")
I wear gloves.
Yubiwa o hameru.
指輪をはめる。
I wear rings.
Tokei o suru.
時計をする。
I wear a watch.
Shatsu o kiru.
シャツを着る。
("Kiru" is used for
putting on the body.)
I wear shirts.
Zubon o haku.
ズボンをはく。
("Haku" is used for
putting on the legs.)
I wear pants.
Kutsu o haku.
靴を履く。
("Haku" is also used for
putting on footwear.)
I wear shoes.

Another example is the verb "to play."

Omocha de asobu.
おもちゃで遊ぶ。
("Asobu" originally means,
"to amuse oneself.")
I play with toys.
Piano o hiku.
ピアノを弾く。
("Hiku" is used to play the musical instrument that requires
the manipulation of fingers .)
I play the piano.
Fue o fuku.
笛を吹く。
("Fuku" is used to play the musical instrument that requires blowing.)
I play the flute.
Taiko o tataku.
太鼓をたたく。
("Tataku" is used to play the musical instrument that requires beating.)
I play the drum.
Rekoodo o kakeru.
レコードをかける。
I am playing a record.
Toranpu o suru.
トランプをする。
I play cards.
Yakyuu o suru.
野球をする。
("Suru" can be used for
most sports.)
I play baseball.
Romio o enjiru.
ロミオを演じる。
I play the role of Romeo.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น